The Chicago 6 is a PREMIUM model manufactured with 70mm (2-3/4″) thick wall logs. This creative model has a footprint is 13′ 19″ x 18′ 10″ (259 ft²) with 127 ft² in the loft. There are 3 rooms on the lower level with the loft over the back 1/2 of the cabin. It comes with loft floor & ladder, double wide entry door, 5 single wide premium windows and a small venting window for the loft. equipment required. Home is delivered to site and ready to assemble on a concrete slab or wood sub floor.
This premium model is insulated on the interior using metal brackets to mount 2×4 studs with 3/4″ tongue & groove boards applied over the studs. The solid wood of 2 3/4″ thick has a thermal mass rating of R-12 ….. add R-15 insulation and achieve exceptional energy efficiency of R-27. Insulating kit is 10% of selling price and includes brackets & T&G cover boards
Tip: Mineral wool insulation is recommended for log construction. It’s impervious to moisture with a higher R-value per inch than fiberglass and is considered a GREEN building material, environmentally friendly insulation.
Tip: The walls provide a thermal mass rating of R-12 and this compact model does not require insulation in the walls to be comfortable in most regions, unless required by code. Insulate the roof and wall mounted HVAC heating/cooling system for complete comfort.
The Chicago 6 can be assembled in 4 days with 3 people and passes structural requirements for building codes. Modifications may be required for earthquake, heavy snow load regions and hurricane zones.
- IN-HOUSE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- FREE SHIPPING in USA (Except HI & AK)
- ready to mount on slab or wood sub floor
- (70mm) 2 3/4″ pre-cut numbered exterior walls
- (70mm) 2 3/4″ pre-cut numbered interior walls
- vaulted ceilings
- roof purlins (beams)
- tongue & groove roof boards
- fascia trims
- PREMIUM double glazed wood windows
- loft floor beams
- 1 1/8″ T&G floor boards for loft
- loft ladder
- entry doors c/w locks, deadbolts, keys
- window & door trims
- interior doors c/w hardware
- threaded steel storm rods for perimeter wall junctions